Tuesday, October 27, 2009

tricky t-day...stand in the corner

Ricky gave us the idea for this week's trick...stand in the corner.

We've been working on it for a few weeks, and Misty just started learning about a week ago. She's doing better than I thought.

I can think of numerous times when Oreo could use a good "time out". Not so sure if time outs work for dogs! I'd sure like to send Oreo to the corner each time he steals one of my gloves. Not only does he steal them, but he hides them too. Sometimes, they are buried at the bottom of his toy box. I've found some stuffed between the couch cushions. I really hate it when he puts them under the bed. Takes me forever to find those. Why does he do that?

Silly boy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElWZ5ybHCWU
Oreo usually gets lined up in the corner a bit better than in the video, but I think it had more to do with where I was standing. Usually I stand a bit more behind him, rather than off to the side. I would have been right in the way of the camera though.

6 comments:

Dawn said...

It's 5 a.m., I can't sleep, so of course I go and check your blog and now I'm laughing so much sleep is gone for good! I'm watching it silently of course because Katie is sound asleep curled up next to me. Oreo's circles are what make me laugh so much. Around and around Misty who stands stoically. And around and around while Misty does the trick. Oh I can see that you'd like to have a doggie time out. Me too. But somehow I don't think it's going to happen! He DOES stand really still though! :)

madcobug said...

They look so cute doing that. It looks so easy for you to train them. One doesn't realize it takes longer than it looks. Helen

Ricky the Sheltie said...

That is just so awesome! I love Oreo's corner trick! I am having trouble generalizing this trick to other corners - so far I only understand stand in the one corner. Have you tried other corners yet with Oreo?

How do you always find the perfect music to go with your videos?

You should win a prize for being the most consistent and creative tricky t-day player! We are stuck right now - a couple tricks in progress but nothing worth showing yet.

Kathy said...

GREAT trick and great duration on that trick, I LOVE IT

Josh and Jess said...

They look so cute! Doggie time out - we ought to be teaching Jessie that :)

Diana said...

Very Cute. Those shelties with the circling. Im glad to see its not just Miley. My dogs like to take my mittins but the just take of running. The dont hide them. I would never find them. Diana