Thursday, October 15, 2009

rocks falling from the sky

Driving to agility last night, doing 55 mph, I had gone about 5 miles from my house. All of a sudden, it sounded like rocks were falling from the sky.

Weird. What is going on?

Was it my car?

Maybe a truck had dropped a bunch of rocks on the road. There are gravel pits all around.

I looked in my rear view mirror and saw rocks in the window. Saw the car behind me slowing down. I must be kicking up rocks on their car.

I keep driving. Eventually, I'll get through this rocky patch.

I drive a few miles. Still rocky....this is not good.

Then, it dawns on me.

I had left my treat bag on the roof of my car!

It's not rocks flying, it's Zuke's mini chicken! I'm scattering them all over Route 66!

OH NO! I won't have any treats for Oreo when we get to agility. Plus my discontinued clicker is in that bag!

I pull over.

Miraculously, the bag is hanging on to the rack on the roof.

Clicker, and some treats remain in the bag. Whew! Crisis averted.

I laughed so hard the rest of the way to class. Imagining the driver behind me getting pelted with dog treats. Good thing they were of the soft variety.

This morning, I remembered a car had stopped along side me when I was waiting to turn out of my road. I refused to look at the driver.

Thinking he/she was a weirdo, I looked the other way.

The person was probably attempting to alert me to the bag on my roof.

Yep, the weirdo was me!

11 comments:

Diana said...

Too funny! Im glad you didnt loose your clicker. Diana

Ricky the Sheltie said...

LOL! The weirdo part made me laugh so hard!

LauraK said...

Wow, that's too funny- I can't believe it stayed on top of your car!

madcobug said...

That was funny. Glad that your bag hung on the top. Helen

the hip dad said...

we could use something to laugh at, even if it's ourselves.

betty said...

That was delightful! I though if one of Zuke's mini chicken had hit Henny Penny she would have though the sky was falling.

Nicki said...

so funny! I needed that this week!

Dawn said...

Wow! Glad the bag managed to hang on and that your clicker was still in it! Pretty cool story!

Lian said...

Hahaha ... you brighten my day!

Ally Lifewithally said...

I am so glad you managed to save your clicker and some treats ~ this was a really funny story :o) ~ Ally x

Morgan in Pittsburgh said...

we are catching up. loose Zukes on the road?? I am so surprised I didn't smell them. I can find a loose Zukes a jillion miles away. We were reading your pap's blog. It caught our eye because of your pictures. He seems like a good pap.
Morgan and Maisie