Sunday, October 25, 2009

Have I ever taken you....

Jeff and I went to lunch at Panera's today. After lunch, we got in Jeff's car, and were about to leave the parking lot, which is adjacent to Walmart.

Jeff said, "I've taken you behind Walmart before, right?"

I burst out laughing.

Jeff said it as though he were asking if he had taken me to some fancy restaurant before, rather than the loading docks of the world's largest Made in China store.

For whatever reason, I could not stop laughing to answer his question, until it was too late. We were already heading home. There would be no fun filled excursion today.

Finally, I was able to say, "No, you've never taken me behind Walmart before." I'm so deprived.

Jeff said, "Well, we don't have the truck today anyway, so it's not like we could have done any good dumpster diving."

Did he honestly think I would take part?

Then, Jeff said, "I read your blog ya know. About my dumpster diving. It was funny."

"Yes, you are, " I said.

Jeff replied, "That's not what I meant. I meant your blog was funny."

Same thing.

8 comments:

the hip dad said...

it's always easier to write when you have an infinite source of material

Diana said...

My mom is a dumpster diver. Well, I dont know if she actully has gone in the dumpster but she has found lots of good thing in the trash. One time she found a 6 disk CD player and it worked. She has found washers, vaccums and sewing machines. Then she takes the to the thirft shop and sells them and makes money.
I use to have a friend in TN. that dumpster dived for coupons. Ive never seen anyone who could go to the store and get money back from the cashier but she could. She would use the coupons and then if it wasnt something she used. She would donate it to the food bank. She would have cases of food to donate to the food bank. Its amazing what some people do. Diana

Sara said...

Diana, Shhhhhh! Don't tell Jeff these things! You'll give him ideas. LOL.

That's a great idea about the coupons. I never cut out coupons for stuff I don't buy, but I never thought about using them for things to donate. Good thing to keep in mind, especially at this time of year when everyone is holding food drives.

Ricky the Sheltie said...

I love your dad's comment above! LOL! Maybe you and Jeff can go behind Walmart on your next special date - anniversary coming up? LOL! (still laughing!)

Sara said...

Ricky, I'm sure Jeff would think that was a great idea! Maybe I could choose my own gift from the dumpster!

madcobug said...

The only things I have seen behind Walmarts here are boxes already folded and wrapped when I take a shortcut behind the store. You have that part of Made in China right. You know they used to say everything was made in the USA ,just look at it now. Have a nice day Sara. Helen

Dawn said...

I've got to get my mind out of the gutter. LOL!

Sara said...

Oh Dawn.