Saturday, October 3, 2009

Fall is here!

It's official. Fall is here. I put the electic blanket on the bed.
I can't walk the dogs before work anymore - too dark out. I really hate daylight savings time. Exactly what are we saving it for? I'm up at 6:00AM. I'd like some light.
The dogs don't seem to mind Fall, in fact I think they love it. Both are playing more.

They spend a lot of time rummaging in the "dog garden" for last minute greens before the first frost. I don't think it will be long before the first frost hits. I heard the "s" word in the forecast for the "hilltowns". ("s" meaning snow)




I love Misty's "Billy Idol" impression in this photo.

Both dogs are in the midst of chewing. They look ridiculous.

Here they look angelic.
Don't let them fool you.

8 comments:

Dad said...

Sara those new pictures of Misty and Oreo are BEAUTIFUL Thet both look so healthy and Happy. DAD

Diana said...

Snow? What happen to fall? Diana

Ricky the Sheltie said...

I agree - what are we saving light for? Mom and I want it to be light at 6:00AM also!!!

LauraK said...

we've already had 2 snows and 2 freezes! the only months it doesn't snow in Colorado is July and August. You're lucky you have leaves that change colors too!

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Colorado, but sometimes we kind of miss out on the "full effect" of fall :) I don't like daylight savings either- it's too dark all the time!

I really like the new pictures of the dogs- too cute!

madcobug said...

Cute pictures of the dogs. It is cooler here this week. Won't be long until I will have to turn some heat on.

Dawn said...

Ha! Their angelic cover is blown! We know the truth! But they sure are cute!

Jules said...

I hear you about the early morning walks - I have broken the reflective gear out of storage!

That is so cool you have a dog garden. When I own a home I will definitely have to have one!

Cynthia said...

Our dogs love the fall.. they like it cooler!

I love the long dark nights. It's kinda a pain to get up in the dark, but I really love having a fire, candles, and snuggling in blankets in the evenings!

Your dogs look like they are having lots of fun!