Friday, September 18, 2009

who is this dog?

Who is this dog?

That's what I was thinking at agility class Wednesday night.

I put Oreo and Misty in their playpen to go walk the course. When I came back, Oreo was hopping up and down, trying to get out. He never does that.

Who is this dog?

Oreo was more confident and speedy than I've seen him in a long time. In fact, he did the weave poles faster than I've ever seen him do them in public! He may have even done the two front foot hop thing toward the end once.

Who is this dog?

The amazing part was there was another class going on in the adjacent ring. The sheep were on the lawn. There were plenty of distractions. Oreo did turn and look, but still kept up his speed, and didn't seem nervous or worried, more curious.

Who is this dog?

I had to adjust my handling. The places I thought I'd be able to front cross, I couldn't, because he was going so fast.

Who is this dog?

Is it the cooler weather? Is his confidence finally growing? Is it due to the fact that he is getting more rest now that I am back at work?

Who is this dog?

He's my dog. And he is awesome!

13 comments:

Honey the Great Dane said...

Way to go, Oreo!!! :-)

Slobbers,
Honey the Great Dane

Diana said...

WhooHoo!!! Diana

Ricky the Sheltie said...

That's awesome! Isn't agility so much more fun when both handler and dog are enthusiastic and fast? I was fast in my class this week too - at the end of sequences, mom was rear crossing me because I was so speedy! Go figure! Oreo and I are on the same wavelength this week!

Dawn said...

You GO Oreo-boy!

Jules said...

Hooray!! How exciting.

madcobug said...

Maybe he has learned to keep focused more or the cooler weather is giving him more energy. Whatever it is it is working for him. Way to go Oreo! Helen

LauraK said...

That's awesome Sara! It's always great when they surprise you like that and make you so proud. Either way, we love our dogs- but it's always fun to see the confidence come out in them :)

Mom said...

I think Oreo likes the cold breeze blowing through his fur. It makes him feel like he can fly and off he goes.

Nicki said...

Awww. Yeah Oreo

betty said...

Loving Oreo and all the great work you do together. What an awesome team: Oreo-Sara-Misty.

Brittany said...

That is so great! I love those times when your dog totally blows you away with their enthusiasm for this game! Keep up the good work Oreo!

the hip dad said...

nice picture. obviously not taken yesterday.

Josh and Jess said...

Woohoo! Way to go friend!

Josh and Jess