Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Tricky T-day - A Start

A couple Tricky T-days ago, Honey did a great post on how to choreograph a canine freestyle routine. It was all outlined, step by step! The instructions were so great, I wanted to get started right away.

Step 1 was to choose a song! Done! I am now starting to get ideas of moves I'd like to put into the song.

I also got some ideas from Ludo's last tricky t-day post. Ludo's mom was doing a spin herself, while Ludo was rolling over. I thought, why don't I try and spin around while Oreo and Misty spin around. Also, Ludo's mom was asking Ludo to cross his paws while she was crossing her feet. I tried that with Oreo, and he did it! Of course, he is quite OCD about the cross paws trick. He takes it VERY seriously.

Here's a video of some of the moves we've been working on. It will be awhile before we will be able to show them with the music I've selected (think I'll keep that a secret for now!). I want to get Oreo accustomed to stringing together a few tricks before being rewarded. We have a long way to go. My moves were a little rigid. I didn't have any music playing in the background to get me to dance!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQBEE8adJZA

8 comments:

Ricky the Sheltie said...

Hey, that's great! My favorite move is when you and Oreo spin together. We were really inspired by Honey's video on how to put together a freestyle routine too and plan to work on it (but probably when it's not nice weather outside).

How did you teach Oreo the side stepping?

Sara said...

I taught the sidestep by putting Oreo in a heel position, then stepped sideways myself, while kind of pushing Oreo's body sideways with my leg. I watched Oreo's front feet. If he crossed one leg over the other, I clicked. Both dogs caught on really fast.

the hip dad said...

can't wait for the real music.

Jules said...

Very cool!! What a great way to work Oreo's mind.

Ricky the Sheltie said...

Thanks - I'll get mom to try to teach it to me!

Diana said...

You guys look really good together. Diana

betty said...

You guys are so cute! You make me happy.

Lian said...

I think Sara is so good in teaching HTM, you and Oreo looks fantastic!!