Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Tricky T-day - "out"

Going back to work as been an adjustment. I'm Tired!

Not much time to do much training, and when we do, I've been working on agility stuff. Oreo needs to burn off some energy.

I thought I'd put together a video of how I've been teaching Oreo his "out" command. He needs this in agility when a course requires us to take the back side of a jump, not the side that is head on. Tricky....

As I wrote in a previous post, I've been teaching Oreo to go "out" around various stuff. However, I can't use any objects that he can jump in or on, because that is what he will focus on doing! I send him using both arms, so he learns to go both directions. I am also trying to remember to hold my palm up, as an additional cue.

Then, I bring out the agility equipment, and try out some jumps. It seems to be working for us.

Here is our silliness:
video
I think we should change tricky t-day to silly s-day.

7 comments:

Honey the Great Dane said...

Great choice of music!

Very cool work, Oreo - that's great control from your human!

By the way, when are you going put together your dance routine, huh? Have you chosen your music yet? :-)

Slobbers,
Honey the Great Dane

Sara said...

Honey, I did pick out music, and have a "rough" choreography for the first half of the song. We are working on it, but haven't had much time lately.

When the weather starts to get cruel and unusual, we'll start making lots of progress :)

Diana said...

very cute chicken work. Looks like its paying off. Diana

Ricky the Sheltie said...

Perfect song to go with your "out" trick! Oreo does it very well - I'm not sure if I could do that jump after the tunnel like that - maybe we'll try it today and let you know!

madcobug said...

Looks like it is working. Helen

Dawn said...

Very cute! And I'm giggling too! Misty is saying - HEY! I can go out too, just not going to go AROUND. Now. Where's my treat?

the hip dad said...

love the beach boys. oreo knows his left from his right. what a smart boy. maybe he can teach uncle joe.