Tuesday, September 29, 2009

tricky t-day - dressy bessy

Sorry if I disappoint anyone, but it was such a busy, crazy week I couldn't get a video together for tricky t-day. We are working on some new tricks. Hopefully, I'll be able to post one next week.

However, a couple times this week I felt as though I myself was doing my own tricks, just getting dressed.

Lately, the pants I buy have more than just a zipper and a button. They often have a zipper, button, and an inner button or more!
One pair, I wore this week for parent/teacher orientation, had a zipper, button, inner button, and two hook/eye like contraptions, that I first had to slide under a belt loop. Add a regular belt to that, and it gets down right time consuming.

Every time I use the restroom at work, I feel like I'm a life size Dressy Bessy doll. I don't have time for all these contraptions. I only have 5 minutes between classes. Are all these fasteners really necessary?

I'm sure I am being charged extra for these "quality" notions, because it takes longer to add these details. Some might argue it makes the pants look nicer, and hang better, yadda, yadda, yadda.
Yes, the pants are beautiful. They fit well. I like them a lot. Yet, the buttons, hooks, eyes, zippers, etc. still drive me nuts!

I do all my clothes shopping online. The descriptions tell you color, material, dimensions, and sometimes will say, "button closure". However, I have never read one that says, "quadruple fasteners".

I'm sure I would be less likely to buy the item if I knew I would be spending precious moments of my day zippering, buttoning, looping, sliding, snapping, and hooking myself together. I'm going to school, not off to war. (OK, some days body armor might not be a bad idea, but most days a regular pair of pants is just fine) .

Yes, I loved my Dressy Bessy doll as a kid, but I think I've learned how to zip, tie, snap and button by now. I don't need anymore practice. Just one or two fasteners is sufficient!

Did anyone else have Dressy Bessy?

8 comments:

Diana said...

Lol. Dont tell anyone, but I usually buy mens pants. I know thats werid but Im tired of the tiny zippers they put on womens pants. And the waist never fits right in the womens pants either. My daugher is total embarrassed that I buy some mens pants and cargo shorts ( for the extra pockets to put dog stuff in). But as you get older you dont care what other people think. Comfort is more important. Diana

Ricky the Sheltie said...

Mom is laughing so hard I am worried about her!!!! She says that she loves your tricky t-day videos but that your pants story is so funny she didn't miss the trick video at all!!! The photos of your pants and your description is so hilarious, Sara!

I've been wondering how you manage to video a trick every single week! We didn't do one at all last week and we're not sure if we'll make it this week either.

Mom said...

Aunt Dot has been looking up Dressy Bessy and Dapper Dan and wonders why her children never had this adorable doll. Maybe her grandchildren will be getting them for Christmas...I'm sure the doll would bring them joy!

Sayit-baldys said...

THIS FROM AN OLD FARM BOY OF THE 'GREAT DEPRESSION'.

SEARS IS A GREAT PLACE TO ORDER CLOTHING FROM.
THE 'OVERHALLS' ARE GREAT.
SUSPENDERS EASIER TO MANUEVER THAN FOOLING WITH BUTTONS OR ZIPPERS.

THEY GUARENTEE SATISFACTION.
sam
blog sayit-baldys

Dawn said...

Smiling over here in Michigan again. I agree, all the hooks etc seem annoying. I just never button that inside button! :)

betty said...

Where can I get a "Dressy Bessy?"
I need one, too.

Honey the Great Dane said...

Ooh - I've never heard of a Dressy Bessy doll before!

I'm really lucky in that I work for myself, from home - so I can just wear tracksuit pants (dog clothes!) all day with nothing more to worry about than a bit of elastic around the waist! :-)

Hsin-Yi

Marybeth said...

Nice use of the word "notions"-- Nana would be proud.

MB