Monday, September 7, 2009

Last Day of Summer Vacation

I spent my last day of summer vacation doing agility! Surprised?

My teacher invited people to her farm for "fun thrus" ~ all you could do run thrus plus lunch for fifteen bucks. How could you pass that up?

I thought it would be good for Oreo to do some courses, with distractions, and be able to get treats on the course.

Oreo and I ran two standard and two jumpers courses. All 4 were much more difficult than the courses we've been doing in trials. That made it fun, because I was able to see what Oreo could do, and what we need to work on. We made a few mistakes...an off course at a dogwalk/tunnel discrimination, a missed jump here and there, and once I got completely lost on the jumpers course! It was a good experience for both of us.

I also got to run one of my teacher's border collies. That was fun. She's not a super high drive collie, but she goes pretty fast. She went around the teeter, and I just let that slide and went onto the next obstacle. I wasn't sure if she was a teeter hater. At one point, she saw her mom way across the field and ran across to say hello! However, she did come back to me, I gave her some cheese, and we were able to do a few more obstacles to complete the course.

Overall, it was a great way to spend my last day of freedom.

After lunch, I came home to get myself into "work mode". Ironing clothes! Ugh! Packing my school bag. Thinking about making bag lunches. Setting my alarm clock.

Plus, I gave the dogs a bath. Both were smelling not so pretty.

Back to reality tomorrow. I see the kids on Thursday. That will be a good day.

3 comments:

Dawn said...

and the kids are so lucky to have you!

Ricky the Sheltie said...

Doing agility is a great way to spend your last day of summer vacation!

Jules said...

Sounds like a great way to spend the last day of summer vacation!