Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Tricky T-day ~ helping out

I have been missing one sock, out of a pair, for three weeks now. It was a new pair, that I had only worn once. I refused to throw the lone sock out, because I figured the other sock would turn up eventually.

I was convinced the sock was clinging to another article of clothing or something. I had emptied several drawers, shaking out and refolding clothes, but still had be unable to find it.

On Saturday, I was folding laundry and had my closet door opened. I noticed Oreo rummaging around in the closet. He creeped out, and I saw something in his mouth....my missing sock!

"Good Boy!" I shouted. Oreo was shocked to be getting praised for such behavior. I even gave him treats, because I happened to have some in my pocket! I was so happy to have my missing sock caper solved.

When I read that Ludo wanted us to post some tricks that were "helpful tricks", I decided to see if I could do a reenactment of Oreo's great feat (no pun intended).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mR15kGUk8s


I'm still not sure where the sock was in the closet. Oreo wouldn't tell.

7 comments:

Lian said...

That is a very cute video! Good trick too! Well done Oreo!

Dad said...

Sara that is unbleivable, You have a wonderful Sheltie.Mary could use him around here finding some of my lost socks.
DAD

madcobug said...

Oreo is such a smart boy. I saw him looking all over the room before he went to the closet. Helen

Ricky the Sheltie said...

That's great! I can't believe you have already made your "helping out" Tricky T-Day video! Mom and I haven't even started thinking about it!

I thought maybe you were going to need to put a treat in your sock to get Oreo to do the reenactment! Hey, I just gave myself an idea!

Honey the Great Dane said...

Oh Wow!! That was incredible! So clever! We are so impressed...and we LOVED the way Oreo cocked his head when you were praising him! :-) I can't believe he knew what to get out of the closet! I know we've barely started but I definitely think Oreo should win this month's Tricky T-Day award! So clever!

I'm having a hard time coz we've always discouraged Honey from picking anything up in her mouth as it inevitably ends up covered in disgusting slimey drool...so now trying to teach her to pick up & hold things is a real challenge! I'm just beginning to teach her a "laundry" trick that I saw on YouTube but it's VERY slow going...don't know if we're going to have a helpful trick in time for this month!! :-)

Hsin-Yi (& Honey the Great Dane)

Ludo van Doggy said...

Awesome Oreo! So clever! I not allowed to touch socks, cos I used to bite my Mum's feet when she beed putting them on. :(
~Lickies, Ludo

betty said...

That was awesome! I love, love, love the way Oreo moves his head in indication that he doesn't know where the sock is. What a cutie!