Thursday, August 20, 2009

more "swimming"

After our gorge hike. We got the dogs back in the lake. With some luring, we got Oreo to paddle a bit on his own. Oreo had no problem going into the water, he just didn't want to go too far.

Oreo's orbee ball had fallen over the cliff from the yard, and I didn't think we'd ever see it again. My dad found it down by the beach, so I started throwing it for Oreo down by the water. Of course, the ball ended up bouncing in the water a couple times. We were stunned when Oreo went right into the water and bobbed for his precious orbee. His whole face was stuck in the water.

Unfortunately, my memory card on my camera was full by then, so I got none of that on video! My card has never been full. It was just a kodak (canon) moment filled day!

I did get some video of them just wading in for treats. I'll see if I can get him bobbing for the ball before we leave for home.







http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTAXuKjH7Ro


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2IByHX-qyg

4 comments:

Honey the Great Dane said...

Ooh, you guys are very brave!! It took me 5yrs to work up the courage to even go in! And your humans are very nice & patient with you, using treats to help you...mine just kept trying to push me in! Humph!

Actually, I finally went in by myself when I was chasing my toy too...I think it's when we doggies get so excited about getting a toy that we forget what we're doing and then next thing we know, we're in deep and we're swimming! And then we find that it's not so bad after all! :-)

Slobbers,
Honey the Great Dane

Dawn said...

So cute! Misty was saying. THIS IS FAR ENOUGH DAD! BUT I WANT THE TREAT! Oreo was almost going to swim, but was startled when suddenly his front feet didn't touch and the water was up to his nose! They're both having fun, though I think Misty wouldn't mind if there was no swimming involved.

Ricky the Sheltie said...

That's great - Oreo is almost swimming! Looks like he will be a much better swimmer than me because he is lying flatter in the water. I swim with my back feet reaching for the bottom (desperately trying to touch it)and that's a very inefficient way to swim!

madcobug said...

They did great, looked so cute. Helen