Friday, August 28, 2009

another soggy trial

I have a CPE trial this weekend. Tropical Storm Danny is coming into play tonight and tomorrow morning, and they are forecasting heavy rain into mid morning.

I'm debating whether to bother trying to get there in time for my first run or not. I'm not scheduled to work until after my second run (standard), so if I scratch my first run, which is fullhouse, maybe I can miss the worst of the rain.

I really want to Q a Standard run this weekend, for the sole purpose of getting a title ribbon, which I hear is very cute gingham! If we Q our Colors and Wildcard runs, we could also get a title for level 2 handlers. We'll see how Oreo is feeling.

Luckily, the forecast for Sunday looks much better.

I decided to go to school today to unpack my desk, and hang up some stuff on the walls. I sweet talked the maintenance guys into moving the furniture around. They love it when you listen to them complain! I even got offered cake, after they moved all my filing cabinets around. Great people, disgruntled, but great.

Our school is having serious budget problems, but had some money left over from a building project a couple years ago. They used the money to update some electrical stuff, and installed new clocks in all the classrooms! I can't tell you how exciting it is going to be to have a working clock in all the classrooms.

That was the highlight of my day! Seeing the dorky freshmen getting their books....oh boy, better get my rest while I can! Although, it looks like I only have 1 freshman class this year, compared to 4 last year. Hope nothing changes over the next two weeks, when the kids show up!

6 comments:

Dawn said...

Enjoy the rest of your summer break...you earned it!

Diana said...

Man Im looking forward to having labor day off. Diana

madcobug said...

I hope you don't get rained out. Good luck to Oreo and you. My daughters school has already been going on a little over three weeks. With 4 days getting things ready and having open house before that. Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. Helen

Greg S said...

Good luck at the trial!
My kids have been back to school for 2 weeks already. They start early here in Colorado.

Sara said...

Yes, kids may be back to school in otehr places right now....but when they are all on summer vacation in early June, I'll still be in the classroom! We go until June 24th or so.

Ricky the Sheltie said...

We're crossing our fingers that you don't get much rain and have a great time at the trial! Good luck! Looking forward to seeing the gingham ribbon!