Thursday, July 2, 2009

weird weather

Last night, I was going to skip class. It was down pouring. Streets were being closed, due to flooding. The meteorologists said, "This is a deadly situation."

I checked the doppler radar online, and saw that if I drove about 5 miles south east, the skies were completely clear.

Where is my agility school? 20 miles south east. I knew my drive was straight up a mountain, so I didn't really have to worry about the flooding. All the flooding seemed to be in the river valleys.

Off we go!

It was so strange. After about a 15 minute drive, the roads were completely dry. There was no water on the grass at school, and no mud in their driveway! We had a two hour class, with just a few sprinkles.

Oreo had some good runs. We did a full course sequence, and I did a lot of clicking/food rewards for tunnels, dogwalks, and when he focused on me. Anything to get him prepped for the trial. Have I told you that I am addicted to my clicker?

At the end of the night, we did some fun jumpwork, with serpentines, acceleration/deceleration, and lateral work. I LOVED IT!

Oreo was so good! I just love doing jumping exercises with him, he is so smooth and we just flow. He even did a startline stay while my teacher talked to me!

After our last run, my teacher said, "Oreo knows this game, I want you to run really fast, and see what happens."

OK.

WOW! He really picked up A LOT of speed.

I can't wait for our trial!

On my drive home, when we got about 5 miles from home, the rain got vicious. My street was flooded!

Weather is so strange.

I was glad I decided to make the trip, because otherwise we would have been stuck inside all night.

4 comments:

Ricky the Sheltie said...

Weather is very weird. It's July and it's cloudy with a projected high of 70 today. I like the break from the heat though.

Your class sounds great - I love to do the longer and more complex sequences and probably Oreo does too!

Sprite, the odd dog. said...

the weather here has been loud and scary ((shudder))

Ludo van Doggy said...

We've been getting weird weather like that here too.
Glad you had a good time at training!

Lian said...

weather is very weird these days! It was roasting hot around my home area but when we went training, it was thunder storm!

Glad Oreo has pick up more speed!! Can't wait to see more videos!!