Wednesday, July 22, 2009

tunnel drills

We did some tunnel work on Monday - it rained all day Tuesday.

First, I just did some simple circles to focus on speed.

Then, I did some sequences that had tricky tunnel entrances, especially after pattern training the circle!

Oreo did really well with both tasks. The harder sequences definitely slowed him down, since he had to think and turn more. Plus, my obstacles were pretty close together.

You'll see in the video, that I used three different rewards for the simple circle - a tug toy, his favorite ball, and treats. I couldn't figure out which one created the most drive. They all seemed to work to me. I used the tug/ball in the morning and the treats in the afternoon when it was warmer.

After watching this, I realize I need to stop being so lazy and secure both tunnels. That red one was rolling all over when Oreo was flying thru it. The blue one was staked.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuGh76VM3ao


I can see my dad playing this video several times just so he can tap his feet to the song I picked out! It is so him! I can put it on your mp3 player for you dad.

Agility class tonight! Hopefully no rain....

8 comments:

Dad said...

SARA THAT WAS A GOOD VIDEO THIS MORNING. i ENJOYED IT. DAD

Ricky the Sheltie said...

Looks like some fun stuff to practice - Oreo's doing real well! I don't blame Misty for working for only treats - she is a girl after my own heart!

Nat said...

Looks like great! I should do more jump/tunnel circles with Wall-e to get some more speed out of him.

~Nat

the hip dad said...

oreo was really moving and i loved the music. hmm, am i really that predictable?

Sara said...

yep.

Diana said...

I thought he was very speedy. It looked very nice. Diana

Bob said...

Hi Sara, Yes I do believe that Aubergines are also called eggplant. I haven't tasted one yet! Bob.

madcobug said...

That Oreo was really speeding. Great work. Misty did great also. Helen