Tuesday, July 28, 2009

tricky t-day - just ducky

Misty gets a starring role in this week's trick.

Since I taught Misty to "target" with her paw, it is one of her favorite things to do when we start "doing tricks". If I'm working with Oreo, she starts walking around, putting her paw on things, hoping I'll reward her.

I guess she is doing her own version of freetiming.

This trick, I put on cue, with a couple toys (a duck & a pig) we received for entering our last trial.
(Oreo was not supposed to be in this photo, but he jumped right in. He can be such a brat sometimes. )

I guess you could call this "object discrimination", if you wanted to get technical.

For all my gushy Misty fans....this one's for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6jxL94usoY

11 comments:

Dad said...

That is so good Sara. I do appreciate so much seeing you working with these two beautiful Shelties
DAD

the hip dad said...

she is a sweetheart.

Ally Lifewithally said...

Both your Dogs are absolutely Beautiful ~ I so enjoyed your video ~ they are really clever ~ Ally x

Marybeth said...

Oreo makes me dizzy.

Ricky the Sheltie said...

Sara - you are doing fantastic with the tricky t-day videos! Good job! Misty is so cute targeting the duck! (and Oreo is doing his signature "circling" moves)! Love it all!

Brittany said...

Great job! They look so happy doing these tricks!

Bob said...

I like the way Oreo is circling round all the time.

Ludo van Doggy said...

Mist is so sweet! I wish Ludo would learn some manners from Oreo, at least he does let her do stuff, Ludo barks and bites at Penny's ears to get her out the way.

Dawn said...

Awwwww....what a smart girl, and she's very focused, not paying attention to the constant circles of Oreo at all! She's so smart. Heck, they're both really smart! But this is HER week! :)

Lian said...

Misty is such a clever girl. I love watching her doing something. Well done Sara!

madcobug said...

Very good Misty. She does know the difference in names. Oreo is so cute running his circles. Helen