Wednesday, July 15, 2009

study MY dog next time!

I saw this article online yesterday. It basically says dogs are as smart as two year old children, but not as smart as three year olds. At least in their ability to understand gestures. Apparently this is news?

Not to dog people!

Obviously, Oreo was excluded from their research experiment.

Put my dog up against any three year old, any day!
We're ready for a challenge!

Is your toddler smarter than Oreo? I don't think so.

(MB's children excluded of course)

6 comments:

Dawn said...

I agree! Oreo is truly amazingly brilliant! I think he could take on a 5 year old! :)

Marybeth said...

off topic, but I once heard a great children's psychologist speak about what he tries to do in therapy with adolescents. He said if he can move their ability to cope with frustration, emotional regulation, temper control, etc. from a 2 year old level to a 3 year old level, everybody considers it a great success. I guess getting to level 3 is a big milestone for people and dogs!

Sara said...

maybe that's why they call it the "terrible two's"

Cool Design Shelties said...

I thinks that Oreo and other dogs are smarter then three year olds :o)

//Bente

Ludo van Doggy said...

Bah, if parrots be as smart as 6 year olds we must be smarter than 3!

Bob said...

Hi Sara, I don't believe that at all. I bet I could sneak out of the house without a two year old knowing but there is no way I can get out without the dogs knowing. If dogs were only like two year olds I wouldn't bother having them. Bob