Friday, July 10, 2009

no more sprinkles


I just heard on the news that sprinkles, both chocolate and rainbow, are now illegal to serve in New York State, due to trans fat!

My favorite summer treat is vanilla soft serve ice cream with rainbow sprinkles. Preferably more sprinkles than ice cream.

I can't see how sprinkles could be worse for your health than the ice cream, and yet blue slushies are still legal? How is it that blue dye no. 5 is good for you?

Guess it is going to be BYOS this summer. Bring Your Own Sprinkles. Or I'll be crossing state lines to get my ice cream fix.

Does anyone in Massachusetts know if sprinkles are still on the menu?

10 comments:

betty said...

I love chocolate "Jimmies" on my ice cream. Are "Jimmies" and "Sprinkles" one and the same?

Sara said...

I think "jimmies" is a philly/south jersey term for chocolate sprinkles. No one says that around here! LOL!

Dawn said...

Our family loves sprinkles too! We have a whole joke about them that only we understand. We use them at Thanksgiving when we decorate Christmas cookies together. All our friends think we are weird. Well. We are. I took a picture of a local ice cream place that had a sign that said "New-chocolate sprinkles." I couldn't believe they hadn't known about chocolate sprinkles prior to 2009! I'd go somewhere and bring some bootleg sprinkles in!!

Diana said...

I love chocolate sprinkles. Law makers have nothing better to do Huh? Do they still have McDonalds? Yea, I think so. If they want to get rid of fat, they need to start there. Diana

LauraK said...

what fun is life without rainbow sprinkles? that's a terrible law!

Greg S said...

Growing up in Mass. I remember them being called "jimmies" too. I think I would have to drive across state lines and pick some up at the grocery store.

Rohan Shelties said...

YES SPRINKLES ARE STILL LEGAL! We here in Mass are having to fight to keep our rights as dog owners preserved, but the sprinkles are still legit! And yes, here in New England, chocolate sprinkles are called "jimmies"!

Sara said...

OK Aunt Betty and all you Philadelphians, I've been secretly making fun of you all these years for using the term "jimmies". If the classy New Englanders use it too, I guess I'll stop now.

Ricky the Sheltie said...

Bummer! Mom's not a big sprinkles fan but she feels for you!

Ludo van Doggy said...

How ridiculous. :(