Sunday, July 12, 2009

No more griping

OK, my last post was a bit of a gripe session. I admit, I may have made a mountain out of a mole hill.

I watched "Slumdog Millionaire" last night, and realized I have no right to complain about a man not saying sorry about a near miss with a grocery cart.

However, although I may complain about small things, I also get very excited over small things.

For example, last night I was about to cook up a box of instant mashed potatoes. I flipped over the box to read the directions. I noticed the directions were different than usual.

Oh no, I thought, I must have bought the wrong kind.

Then I looked at the very top and saw the words, "NEW DIRECTIONS(thicker texture and no boilover)".

Well, I wanted to do a dance around the kitchen right then and there!

In the past, every time I made the instant potatoes I would have to watch the pot like a hawk, because if you stepped away for one brief second, the milk in the pot would bubble up, spill over the sides and make a big mess! It was the worst, and it happened just about every time.

So these new directions, that would prevent a messy boilover, was the highlight of my day! Now I can make instant mashed potatoes without babysitting the pot! I love you Betty Crocker!

See, little things can make me happy.

In other news....we brought the dogs to a local state park on the Hudson River. Here are a few photos. Oreo liked to get on the bench. He definitely feels more confident being up high when in strange places. Misty could care less, as long as she gets to stop and pee every few feet.


6 comments:

Dad said...

Hi Sars
Dad is enjoying your blog very much. It does make me want a Sheltie. My Sheltie has been gone a few years and I still miss her,
DAD

hip dad said...

loved the ending of slumdog millionaire. I usually leave the movie before the end of the credits but I wanted the dancing to go on and on.

Sara said...

This is nice having two dads :) How can you beat that?

The ending to Slumdog millionaire was fun.

I still miss my first sheltie too. I always will.

Love, Sara

Ricky the Sheltie said...

That's a good photo of you with Oreo and Misty! Looks like a great place for a walk!

Mom wants to see Slumdog Millionaire and hasn't rented it yet.

Ludo van Doggy said...

it's ok to whine about the small things sometimes too, keeps us sane.

Dawn said...

Funny that Oreo needs to have his confidence boosted. He's always looked like such a sure little dog when he's working in his yard. But of course, that's HIS YARD, so I suppose being somewhere new might be scary. The more places you take him the better he will likely be. Katie still thinks he's pretty wonderful. Now Misty, well she has more experience and knows that if you're around, she's just fine! :)