Monday, July 27, 2009

bambi

Yesterday, the deer I usually see on our morning walk had two babies with her! They looked about 1-2 weeks old at most. They still had all their "bambi" spots. Of course I didn't have my camera with me!

Today, I came prepared!

Sorry for the poor quality/shakiness of this video. I shot it with my pocket camera in zoom mode. But, you do get to see both babies and mama.
After the dogs noticed them (which caused a ruckus), the deer scattered into the woods lining the cemetery.

Before she had her babies, the mama would hang out with us, regardless of the dogs' barking. She'd just look at us, watch, then go back to eating.

Hopefully, we'll see them again tomorrow. Maybe I'll take photos, so you get a better view of the babies.

9 comments:

Jules said...

What a GREAT way to start the day!

Diana said...

I was just thinking, man her dogs are so quiet. My dogs would be barking their heads off, and then it started. LoL. Diana

Ricky the Sheltie said...

Oh the baby deer are so cute! How cool that you got some video of them!

Ludo van Doggy said...

oh so cute!!
Hey, a real life Faline!! My rabbit sis be named after Bambi's girlfriend.
Don't bark Oreo and Misty!

~lickies, Ludo

Cool Design Shelties said...

How great to see such small "Bambies" on the morning walk :o)

//Bente

Nicki said...

how very cool

Marybeth said...

So cute!

Dawn said...

aren't they pretty?! As long as they're not eating your garden! Katie would have been barking too. Here the deer just look at her, they're not even much bothered by her barking, but she feels better if she thinks she chased them off.

madcobug said...

That was so cute, Guess the mama was taking care of her babies by running into the woods. Helen