Tuesday, June 9, 2009

tricky t-day

This week, I was videoing a trick Oreo and I have been working on. In between, I was working with Misty on her trick - kicking her legs like a Rockette. Do my non-US readers know who the Rockettes are? I don't know if they are famous around the world or not....

Well, I decided that Misty should star in the video this week for tricky t-day, because she is just so darn cute.

She loves to do this trick (it's one of 3 tricks she knows!), but unfortunately will only do it if I put my hand out. Maybe someday she will do it with just a voice command.

I say "shake" for her left foot and "paw" for her right foot. Misty gets it correct most of the time. Oreo has yet to learn this trick. He gets frustrated and starts offering all his tricks - one paw, two paws, cross left paw, cross right paw, bang, beg, etc.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jADO_nBn7xc


Of course, Oreo has to share in the spotlight, therefore here is a short video of Oreo. It shows the great progress he has made in his skill from last week's tricky t-day - distance work. First, I work on sending him to a jump, from very far away. Then, we practice a short sequence that ends on the table, like we would have to do in a jackpot (gamblers) game. I signed us up for our first jackpot run at the end of August, so we have to start practicing now! In CPE level 2, the distance is 0-5 feet, graduating up to 10 feet. I think I stayed at least 5 feet away. I'm really bad with eyeing measurements.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYDDi3pHIzw

4 comments:

Diana said...

Very good. Im impressed with both tricks. Diana

Dawn said...

Nice job Misty and Oreo...and Mom too!

Ricky the Sheltie said...

Misty's trick is really cute and Oreo is awesome in his long distance send to the jump!

Diana said...

OK Sara, I need more video help. Your videos are so clear and when I up load mine they lose the clarity. Ive tried different formats but it doesnt seem to help. Do you think its my video editing program? (Im using roxie) Are you filming in HD? thanks, Diana