Friday, June 12, 2009

run thru

I brought Oreo to the pre trial run thrus to see how he would deal with being in a new setting.

Boy, I continually underestimate my dog.

He was fine. When it was our turn, the previous dog was taking forever to get out of the ring. Oreo just sat in front of the jump, looking at me, waiting. Then, when I said "go", he took off over the jump and over the A-Frame.

I was so happy he was doing the obstacles! I had worried he would just run around the ring in nervous circles.

The only two places he got held up were the teeter and dogwalk. Someone laughed really loud while he was on the teeter, and Oreo almost jumped right off. Luckily, he looked back at the teeter, I clicked, and he finished the teeter. He also stopped to look around on top of the dogwalk. Typical Oreo behavior. I clicked as soon as he got refocused.

Overall, we were out of the ring with no mistakes, and I'm sure we would have been under time.

I had signed us up for a second run thru, but decided to just go home and let Oreo relax. I didn't want to over do it.

We have some competition tomorrow! I'm excited to see how we do, compared to the other 12 inchers in Level 2!

Wish us luck!

2 comments:

Ricky the Sheltie said...

It's true that you just never know what's going to happen in a new environment and we all seem to expect the worst. Glad to hear Oreo was focused on his job!

Good luck today!

Diana said...

Good job. Good luck Im sure everything will go great. Diana