Friday, June 26, 2009

I'm going to stop worrying

I was able to find the results from our last trial online. In the level 2 standard run, Oreo had the fastest time out of all 23 dogs who ran the course, except for 1 dog, an Australian shepherd who had 45 faults (so I don't really count that dog, doesn't sound like a successful run). Even that dog was only about 1 second faster.

In the jumpers round, Oreo was faster than all but 3 out of 17 dogs who ran the level 2 course. Two of those dogs were running in the 20 inch group - so they had much longer legs!

So, I've decided I am going to stop worrying about speed (like Diana suggested yesterday!). Instead, I'm going to focus on building confidence, because with that Oreo will get faster.

Our next trial isn't until the 4th of July. I think my last post indicated it was this coming Saturday.

3 comments:

Diana said...

Sounds like a great plan. Diana

Ricky the Sheltie said...

Yep - It's official! Oreo is fast! So your plan sounds like a good one!

Dawn said...

Always good to get confirmation from an objective source (this is librarian advice if I ever heard it!) and now you know that Oreo is truly star material! Good luck on the 4th!