Monday, June 15, 2009

dogs need furniture too

Here is a photo of the storage piece that Jeff built for all of my "dog stuff". OK, there are a few gardening books tucked inside, but otherwise, this entire unit is filled with all things dog!

Toys, leashes, coats, harnesses, training books, magazines, dog boots, towels to clean paws, walking gear for me (hats, gloves, reflective vest, pepper spray, odometer, etc.), etc., etc.

I think it came out beautiful, and it hides all that "stuff" perfectly. I had looked in catalogs and stores for something like this, but nothing seemed to be exactly what I wanted. I drew a picture, and Jeff built it just the way I wanted (and for a lot less money than I would have paid elsewhere!).





On top, I put Dee's fabulous figurines, Oreo's ribbons, and some trial photos.

This room once had a small wicker furniture set that we never really used. Now, the room will be a true "mud room", which is what its function has become, since it is right off our deck. The best part, I think I can now fit a jump or a set of 6 weave poles in the room. So, in the dead of winter, during an ice storm, I can get some agility practice in!

Although Jeff did a great job perfecting his anal retentive skills on this project, I think he is happy to get back to chopper building.

10 comments:

Lian said...

WOW! That's lovely! Can Jeff built me one too?

Diana said...

That looks fantastic!! Your husband must be very talented. Luckey you. Diana

Ricky the Sheltie said...

That shelf turned out great! That's a neat way to display your ribbons but you'll soon run out of room. We have a frame exactly like that with trial action shots in it. Did you get it at Target?

Sara said...

Yes, the frame is from Target and so are the faux leather bins. Love Target.

dad said...

jeff will be taking orders.

madcobug said...

I think he did a great job. Congrats to him. Helen

Cool Design Shelties said...

Looking fantastic :o)

//Bente

Josh and Jess said...

Oh Sara, it's just wonderful!! Our Ma loves it! Our stuff is kept in plastic boxes on the floor :)

Dawn said...

Your husband does very nice work! But I agree that you will soon need more space for all the ribbons your two will get! Maybe a big bulletin board on a wall in the room to display all the winnings?

Nicki said...

that's really nice, what a sweet hubby