Monday, May 25, 2009

memorial day

On Memorial Day, I stop and think about all the brave men and women who have sacrificed their lives, serving our country. I think of the sacrifices and extreme loss their families have had to face. They are heroes too.

Memorial weekend also is a time when I think of my niece, Sabine, my nephew's twin, who died this time of year seven years ago. Sabine lived only a few brief weeks, but touched so many of our hearts. Why is it that seven years have passed, but I can still remember those days like yesterday? She was so beautiful, and felt so good in my arms.

So today, I am sending love to Theo's angel, Sabine,

Forever in our hearts.

3 comments:

Ludo van Doggy said...

What a very touching post. :(

dad said...

thanks sara. we will never forget but it is good to be reminded.

Josh and Jess said...

Very touching :( Thanks, Sara.