Sunday, May 17, 2009

crash & burn

I set up a speed circle this afternoon. I really wish I had another tunnel. I'd like to make a circle with two tunnels, and jumps in between.

I decided to help stimulate the economy by ordering myself another tunnel today. It was on sale!

Not only was I working on speed, but also on sending Oreo to the tunnel, with my feet stopped at the jump before the tunnel. We always run into problems at tunnels in class. Therefore, we really need to work on tunnels at home. I don't want to have to walk Oreo to the tunnel entrance every time he has to go in one.

You will see my first crash and burn video. It is not my first crash, just the first one caught on tape! Not to worry - I'm fine. Jeff said, "That's a good way to break a hip."

He's so supportive.

At the end of the video, you will see a sequence we did in Misty's class yesterday. You can use it to practice serpentines and threadles. It is hard! At least for me. My teacher called it the "circle of doom".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LF93D5cx1I


10 comments:

Dawn said...

Ok, I burst out laughing (not AT you!) when Oreo said "YOU DROPPED TREATS!" He wasn't one bit concerned that you were on the ground! :) Also laughed out loud when he kept heading to the tunnel on the last circle exercise. He got it at the end though, that he was jumping not doing the tunnel!

LauraK said...

that was a pretty impressive crash! good thing that jump was made out of something that comes apart :) I'm going to try that "circle of doom"- what a great idea!

Nicki said...

That was funny-I'm not sure I would have posted that!

Lian said...

Ouch! Sorry not for you but for Misty! Hope she is alright.

I like the circle of doom. I had done one exactly the same in one of my class last year and Sing went clear but not Saturn. He was so fast and he just can't responsed to the tight pull through and push through.

Sara said...

Not to worry Lian, Misty is fine. She was more scared than anything. She is afraid of the laundry basket :)

Ricky the Sheltie said...

Glad you were ok after your crash (Misty too)! I also laughed at Oreo gobbling down the treats you dropped and not worrying about you at all! The circle of doom looks very difficult - we're going to have to try that out - understandable that Oreo kept taking the tunnel - I am easily pattern trained too!

dad said...

I could have done that. moral of the story is don't go backward.

madcobug said...

Glad that you and Misty were not hurt in your crashes. Looked like Oreo got that right some of the time. Also looked like Misty did all her things when it was her turn. Helen

Ludo van Doggy said...

hehe! My Mum did that the other day, only we could not post it as she didn't say as nice a word as you did. Oreo did care for a moment when his ears were down, then like the sensible boy he is he found the treats. I love the tunnel so much!

Diana said...

Ouch!! Im glad you were ok. Diana