Thursday, April 23, 2009

weave practice

The yard has been soggy the past couple days, but today I got the dogs out to play.

I took a video of an exercise Oreo and I worked on. Again, I see that Misty being out with us is really not a good thing. I should have taken Lian's advice and put her in a crate. She became another obstacle in the sequence!

Funny, before I taught Misty agility, she never got in the way......

I don't like how I am still bending over when Oreo is weaving. I need to remember not to do that.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waRzeWlQkBc

The weather is supposed to improve dramatically this weekend. Almost too dramatically for me.

Although I am glad, because I figure Oreo's last class before his trial will be held outdoors. I am hoping this week he shows less signs of stress. I just read a book that says if you yawn, it can actually help calm your dog. So, I am going to spend a lot of time yawning while we are out on the agility field waiting our turn.

After our class, I am going to bring the dogs to a CPE trial up the road, to expose Oreo to some trial sounds/sights. I will do a lot of yawning there as well.

5 comments:

Diana said...

Misty is in the way and oreo still makes the weave pole entrance. WhooHoo! Diana

Dawn said...

Good dog Oreo! Now, when you get nervous, look at Mom, she'll be yawning and you'll know everything is under control.

Cool Design Shelties said...

Way to go :o)

Ricky the Sheltie said...

Great weave entry with Misty in the way!!! Awesome job, Oreo!

We're supposed to have temperatures in the low 80s for the next four days! It is a little too hot too fast! The tulips have been lasting really well so far this year (except for the blooms that the squirrels have needlessly bitten off) but this hot weather will be the end of them.

Hope your class goes well!

madcobug said...

Oreo is looking good. It doesn't appear that Misty is bothering him. He stays focused on you really well. Guess she thinks you want her to do things so she can get some treats LOL.