Sunday, April 26, 2009

still pretty warm

Well, we broke down and turned our AC on today. I was getting cranky, and it is supposed to stay warm for the next few days.

I decided we just won't turn the heat back on! Even though I know it will be in the thirties again before we know it.

You know it is hot when the dogs nap on the hardwood floor, or Oreo's favorite - the bathroom tile next to the toilet.
Misty says, "Is it the dog days of summer already?"
"Do you think you could move over? You're in my space."
"Hmmm, I guess he's not moving."
"I'm too hot to move myself."

Hoping to get out and do some agility later this evening when the sun drops a bit. That is if my neighbor is done jack hammering his front step. Boy, that is an annoying noise! I've only been listening to it for three weekends now. Jeff thinks a few sticks of dynamite would have been more effective and much more fun!

6 comments:

Ricky the Sheltie said...

Mom can't believe you caved in and turned on the a/c! But let me tell you, I wish I were at your house right now!!!!

Abby and Aiden said...

AC rocks doesn't it?! It is hot here too, but we still went to the park. We like to lay on the slate floor in the foyer, it is nice and cool there too. Suppose to cool back down though at the end of the week. Hopefully it cools off for you too.

Marybeth said...

Jeff cracks me up.

Poor hot doggies! Theo kept asking me why we couldn't turn on whatever was the opposite of heat today. I should have bought the house with central air!

Dawn said...

Or you could move up to Michigan. We got to 85 yesterday which spawned severe wind storms that knocked it back to 65 degrees by the afternoon. We could still get snow. You just never know!

3 weeks to jackhammer a step? Maybe all the neighbors could chip in and hire a professional to finish the job faster for him!

Lian said...

Love the photos especially Oreo, he looks so lazy, not like him at all but very sweet!

We are lucky to have tile flooring in the kitchen so the dogs can keep cool when it is hot.

Rohan Shelties said...

LOL, it's so funny how Shelties from all over act the same way! Heidi gives Shelby the SAME look Misty gave Oreo when he was lying next to her...and youre right, its a "space" thing!
It got a bit toasty here in New England too...I think it was 87 on Saturday, but it was pretty breezy and never got overwhelmingly hot...although the girls did their fair share of panting. Had to kick Heidi out of bed because she was so warm. I knew she wasnt comfortable and I had to get some sleep! (which I couldnt do while the bed moved up and down!)
Hope youre eenjoying the AC...spring should be back in no time!
Sheltie Hugs,
Sheltie-Mom Jenn, Heidi and Shelby