Wednesday, April 8, 2009

I need more jumps

This afternoon, I set up "sequence one" from the "backyard dogs" article in this month's Clean Run magazine. Well, what I could set up. I need two more jumps to set it up for real, but I was able to do sequence one with the number of jumps I have.

The sequence wasn't that difficult. What I realized is how much I've improved the use of my left hand. I used to do everything possible to avoid using it. Now, I think nothing of having Oreo on that side.

I just love doing jumping exercises with Oreo. When Oreo's in his groove, it feels like we are so connected, almost like we are dancing together. I don't have to say a word, he just glides where I want him to go. I can't really describe the feeling, but it is awesome.

Here is a video of our practice, Misty joins in the fun too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYR_jUWa-Kw

I really need more jumps. I know when I ask Jeff to build me more he is going to say, "Why do you need more jumps?"

I already have my response planned!

"Why did you need to buy another motorcycle this weekend?"

Works every time! You should see how many motorcycles/frames/parts are in our garage!!!!!

6 comments:

Diana said...

Great job. Oreo is speedy too. Diana

Anonymous said...

I would think by now jeff would just say, how many.

dad

Sara said...

dad,
You were pretty close to being right. Jeff said, "Sure, they only take 6 minutes to make. I use my blah, blah tool, and my blah, blah tool, etc...."

Ricky the Sheltie said...

Great sequence and both Oreo and Misty did it well! You'll love having 6 jumps - you can do so much more with them!

madcobug said...

They both did really well with these jumps and chute. I hope Jeff will build the other jumps you want. Helen

Dawn said...

Katie barked once every time Misty barked while we watched this! I truly think there should be a sport called dual agility, for people with two dogs!