Saturday, April 4, 2009

finally, a bath!

I gave the dogs a bath today after their agility classes. Honestly, I can't remember the last time I gave them a bath. For the longest time, all I can remember is thinking, "it's much too cold to give them a bath". I know Misty had a bath before her vet appointment in the Fall! They may have had one just before the December Ice Storm, but I'm just not sure.

Oreo is still not dry, and Misty is still very wet. However, I am just stunned by how white Oreo's white is. Now, I'm embarrassed I've been walking around with such filthy creatures!
Oreo really cleans up well! I barely recognize him. Reminds me of one of my favorite books from childhood, Harry, the Dirty Dog. That was such a great book, and I didn't even like dogs back then.

"Don't get used to this look Mom. It's not gonna last. I got plans to do some gardening in the backyard tomorrow. "

7 comments:

B said...

He looks so fluffy and white now! I used to love Harry The Dirty Dog to lol

Ricky the Sheltie said...

Oreo is gorgeous!

Dawn said...

He's beautiful...ah...HANDSOME! I'm going to have to go look up that Harry the Dirty Dog book!

And yes, please email your friend tonight. She'd love to hear from you I'm sure!

Josh and Jess said...

Awww.... Oreo looks very handsome :-)

Ludo van puppy said...

Wow... All this time Oreo was black and white! hehehe, just kidding. I feel for you two and now you is giving mum ideas about making me whiter. :( You does look very handsome and fluffy though Oreo!
~lickies, Ludo

madcobug said...

Oreo looks very pretty. I didn't realize Misty was in the woods like that. Poor thing.
They both really love you. Helen

madcobug said...

I think they both are doing great. Misty does love that tunnel. It's turned colder here also. We will have temps in the mid to upper twenties the next two nights which will kill all the pretty flowers and even the new leaves on the trees.