Sunday, March 15, 2009

scary ball


One of our neighbor's balls blew into our creek bed over the winter. Jeff pulled it out today and threw it in the backyard. I decided to see if the dogs would show any interest in playing with it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BF9X32NEcqY

Now, don't think I'm a horrible dog mom. The first few times, I kicked the ball away from Oreo, and he was almost chasing it. When I shot the video, I wanted to see what would happen if the ball was coming toward him. Mistake! Now it is a scary monster ball, and I had to hide it behind the shed. Guess I have to hike up the hill and give it back to the neighbors.

Misty, of course, was much more interested in barking at who had pulled in the driveway. That is her job.

8 comments:

Diana said...

That had me laughing. Thats something Miley would do too. Diana

Painter Pack said...

Ohhhhhhhh....that is a furry scary ball! I do not blame Oreo for running! **shivers**

Mya Boo Boo

Dawn said...

I bet eventually Oreo would conquer that big ball! And Misty's job? Well, every sheltie needs a job!

Nicki said...

too funny, poor Oreo :)

Ricky the Sheltie said...

Come on, Oreo - I have a big ball like that but it's red and I love playing with it! You should've given it a chance!

Ludo van puppy said...

ooh! My mum is mean and laughed at Oreo! She does not understand how scary things can be.
~lickies, Ludo

Jojo said...

Hiii!

I'm a sheltie owner myself. I have a sable male, 13 month.
Great breed!

madcobug said...

Cute video of Oreo being scared of the ball LOL. Helen