Wednesday, March 4, 2009

playing around

I've been lazy lately, and resorted to taking photos with my point and shoot camera. Its lighter, pocket friendly, and I don't worry about it getting covered in snow. However, every time I go to Helen's blog and see her amazing photos, I get inspired to pull out my better camera, start playing around with the settings, and see what kind of results I can get. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't.

It was too cold out today to go "gloveless" with the camera. So, I did a photo shoot with the dogs inside. Here were a few of my favorites:

This is how I see Oreo 80% of his waking hours.


Misty's sweet, always slightly worried expression.
She usually turns away from the camera, as if it is an evil monster.

I still have a lot to learn about my camera and photography, but I think playing around is the best way for me to learn.

Here's a video of Oreo's latest tricks:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVVHvgYP74w

6 comments:

Ludo van puppy said...

Beautiful shots!
The beg and cross trick is really cool, looks difficult to learn too. Well done Oreo! You'll have to do a tutorial on it. hehe.
~Dee

Dawn said...

That's so funny, I took a picture today of Katie with her ball that looks a lot like your photo of Oreo and his ball. I couldn't get the video to work, will try to see that later. I usually show Katie Oreo's videos, as she is still in love with him. Misty is beautiful.

Ricky the Sheltie said...

Good photos - you do a much better job than my mom!

Look at all those toys in Oreo and Misty's toy basket! I thought I had lots of toys! :)

madcobug said...

Hi Sarah, thanks for mentioning me in your blog. I really don't
do that much to my settings just use the closeup lens with the macro settings some and sometimes the telescope lens which isn't all that strong. I think your pictures are beautiful. I like the video. I thought it was so cute. Helen

Josh and Jess said...

Beautiful shots! Sweet Misty - you have nothing to worry about!!!

Love, Josh and Jess

Lian said...

Lovely shots of Oreo and Misty! I like the ashamed trick, Oreo is so cute!