Tuesday, March 17, 2009

not a wimp no more

We are having fantastic weather this week. The yard is still really muddy, but I've been bringing the dogs out and just dealing with the inevitable clean up. You have to take advantage of this weather while you can!

Oreo heard that Ricky basically called him a wimp over the "scary ball" incident. So, Oreo has been working on conquering his fear. Sometimes it takes a good friend's encouragement to help you get over these issues. Oreo isn't playing with the ball yet, but at least he's not scared! What do you think Ricky?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_aqJGmMjpY

Oreo's bark in this video has definitely changed. In the last video, it was his "I'm scared to death, save me!" bark. Today, it was his "mom, you aren't doing what I want you to do!" bark. I'll keep trying, but he really loves his little planet dog orbee balls the best.

Note to my editor in chief: I know my title has a double negative, but I went with it anyway. You can correct me on my "its" in my video. I'm pretty sure its wrong! I'll never learn.

9 comments:

Dawn said...

Don't they generally get their own way though! Oreo is just like Katie, if she doesn't want to play she's not going to play. And she'll keep barking just like Oreo was, until you give in and do it her way! He's not afraid of it now, just not interested!

Diana said...

How come your dogs arent muddy?
I love your blog header. Your pictures are always so crip and clear. I just cant get mine to look like that. Diana

Josh and Jess said...

Your new blog header is awesome!!! And you're right Oreo, your pink ball is so much nicer than the big blue one... it's far too big to make a cool toy. Good that you've conquered your fear though. You're a brave boy!

Ricky the Sheltie said...

Wait a minute - it doesn't say anything about being a wimp in my previous comment ("Come on, Oreo - I have a big ball like that but it's red and I love playing with it! You should've given it a chance!") - I was merely trying to encourage Oreo to try something different especially since I like my big red ball. BOL!

Love your new header photo and the tunnel photo!

Sara said...

I told Oreo that Ricky called him a "wimp" - thought a bit of humiliation might help! We know you were just trying to encourage him!

Dawn said...

PS: LOVE that tunnel photo!

Ludo van puppy said...

I don't want to be rood Sara, but I think you is lying, that is far too big and strange looking to be a ball. You has to be able to carry balls in your mouth. I think Oreo is right about this one.

The new header is really good!
~lickies, Ludo

Marybeth said...

Your new header is such a great shot-- their heads are both tilted exactly the same!

The other day Miles saw the picture at the bottom of Munchkin and he knew right away it wasn't Oreo or Misty. I was surprised he was so Sheltie discerning!

madcobug said...

You can see he is not really afraid of it now just still a little leery. Helen