Monday, March 23, 2009

new dance and start line

OK, we don't waste any time around here. Oreo and I got to work this morning on our new "line up". Being the brilliant dog that he is, Oreo already knows how to "line up".

We are still working on the "set" part. It is a bit confusing, because for my ready, I say "line up", my set, I say "ready", and then I say go.

In the video, it is hard to see Oreo's set, once because Misty is in the way, but watch for the ear bob. Other times, it is really just a slight movement of the legs. I guess it is a matter of just knowing your dog. I wasn't training the "go" in this video, even though I was saying "go". Therefore, I probably shouldn't have been saying go. I may be changing my "go" to "start" anyway. Argh!!! I'm so confused. How did I ever graduate from college? I am a complete idiot. Thank goodness Oreo is smarter than me, and he figures everything out on his own anyway.

That said, here is a video of Oreo's new trick, inspired by the magnificent Ludo, figure 8, along with our new start line routine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2hnMzmNBO4

7 comments:

madcobug said...

I like the big picture at the top of your blog, both dogs have their heads turned just alike. Oreo is a quick learner. I bet it won't be long until Misty can do it good also. I know it's not easy teaching them something when they are both there wanting that treat LOL. Helen

Ricky the Sheltie said...

Oreo is soooo smart! He looks like he's been doing line up all his life! It looks like a great start-line routine....it'll be fun to see how well it works out on the agility field!

Diana said...

You are so busy with your dogs. They look so great. I need to teach Miley more tricks. But my dogs dont do well when I try to do training with them both together. Miley gets mad. LOL Diana

Abby and Aiden said...

Wow that is very impressive!! Mom should try that with us!

Lian said...

Just caught up with your posts (don't know why, I can't access to many bloggers!?), Oreo looks fab! He is looking so good and so do Misty.

Ludo van puppy said...

Oreo you is so good at dancing and 8's! You should do freestyle with your mum cos you is already wearing a tuxedo.
I like how you shift a bit to get ready, you can see your excitement.
~lickies, Ludo

Dawn said...

Oreo gets so frustrated when Misty is getting attention that he runs around the coffee table. How cute! He sure learns fast!