Thursday, March 26, 2009

feeling better

Oreo is feeling just fine today. I had tried switching the dogs from a Merrick canned variety to Prairie chicken (both recommended by the Whole Dog Journal), because it had a higher fiber content. Misty needs a bit more fiber in her diet, due to some anal gland issues.

I only gave them a small amount, but perhaps Oreo is allergic to one of the ingredients. Eventually, he may have gotten used to the new food, but I didn't want to take any chances, or have to do anymore clean up! Luckily, my local pet store exchanged the cans for my usual food with no problem.

This morning, I had my bouncing, happy go lucky dog back.
"Were you trying to poison me with that food Mommy?"
"Maybe their chickens are different than the ones I'm used to eating."
"Now that I'm better, let's get back to business!"

"Where's the ball?"
To answer Dee's question, here in the states, agility is done in inches, not small, medium, etc. I haven't had Oreo measured by a judge yet. When I measured him, he came in around 15-16 inches at the whithers. That means in some venues he will jump 12 inches, and in others he will jump 16 inches. That sounds about medium to me. The little dogs do 4 and 8 inches.

7 comments:

madcobug said...

I am glad that Oreo is feeling back to nonmal. Helen

Ricky the Sheltie said...

So glad that Oreo is back to his normal self! Hmm, wonder what it was about that food?

Love the action shots and the one where Oreo is asking if you poisoned him!

Diana said...

Im glad orea is feeling better. Love the action shots. Diana

Diana said...

well I have changed Oreo from a boy to a girl ( orea). LOL Sorry , Oreo. Diana

Cool Design Shelties said...

Glad Orea feeling better :o)

//Bente

Dawn said...

So happy Oreo is feeling good. Katie says she's still in love with him.

Lian said...

Glad Oreo is back to himself. It is such a worry when the dog is not well. Love his action shots!