Friday, February 6, 2009

walking the leaf

This week, I have been working with Misty on walking the leaf in the table, and practicing on our mini teeter in the backyard. The other night, I went in the basement to get some laundry, and when I came back upstairs, Misty was walking the board.

Guess Misty decided she would practice without me! Misty really is gaining confidence on the teeter. The other day she was chasing Oreo around the yard, and she was running through the tunnel, jumping on/off the table, and even propping herself up on the teeter. She must be feeling more comfortable with all the obstacles.

"Where've you been Mom? I've been doing all this work without any sort of positive reinforcement. Get with the program."


"Oreo, could you please get off? This is kind of my thing now."


"I am the prettiest tunneler in NY!"
"There Oreo goes again, ruining another one of my photos."
"Wobbly board, wobbly board....why am I walking this wobbly board?"
"I made the bang noise!! Hello??? Where's my treats?"
"This isn't so bad, once you do it a few hundred times."
Back to school tomorrow. We'll see how both dogs do. Oreo has been worked to death this week on "go on". I was thrilled when we were practicing weaving today, I told him "go on" and he did 6 poles without me moving a muscle! Wow. That was huge for my little "momma's boy".

7 comments:

Dawn said...

Misty IS beautiful. I'm glad to see she's getting more comfortable with everything. There is hope for Katie! And Oreo doing 6 poles without you being right there! Amazing! Hope school goes well tomorrow! For both of us!

Sara said...

Dawn~
Glad to hear you decided to go! Katie will be thrilled.

Ricky the Sheltie said...

You've been getting in a lot of practice even with the bad weather! Tomorrow is supposed to be 50 here and we are hoping the ice melts in our backyard so that I can run and also practice some agility!

Have fun in class tomorrow!

madcobug said...

Sounds as if Misty has decided she wants to join in on all that fun you and Oreo have. She is loving all that attention. Oreo is a good boy doing things just by being told to do it. They are both so cute and sweet. Good luck today at their lessons. Helen

Lian said...

Misty looks happier since you started doing "agility" and tricks with her. Well done, Sara.

Josh and Jess said...

Well done Misty!!!! Good on you, pretty lady!!!! We're clapping our paws :) Hope you got plenty of nice treats for all that hard work.

Ludo van puppy said...

Looks like Misty has got the 'agility bug' I heard mum say that. I hopes it isn't serious? She looks very pretty and brave doing her stuffs.
~lickies, Ludo