Friday, February 20, 2009

two sleeping dogs

Misty went back to the vet today for another recheck on her polyp. Everything looked good. Misty has lost a pound in the past month, which surprised me since we have spent so much time indoors. However, when I think about it, she is pretty active even in the house - walking table leafs, weaving, tunneling, etc. Plus, we have been taking a long walk every morning.

The vet said Misty is at the perfect weight for her size, but not to let her lose much more weight! Ah, music to a dog's ears! Feed me more!


When is my photo shoot gonna be over mom? I'm trying to get my beauty rest.


Ah, two sleeping dogs. Maybe I can read my book now.

7 comments:

Dawn said...

I call Katie my "anti-reading" dog because whenever I recline trying to read she will walk up me and hang her head over the book and say "HEY! What ya doing MA? Wanna PLAY????? Yes you do yes you do yes you do..."

Ludo van puppy said...

They look so content!

Rohan Shelties said...

It's nice to see that it's not only my Shelties who have the "OMG I have SUCH a rough life" look on their faces when they're resting...

Nicki said...

very cute photos. If you have not done so alrealy, a good blood screening is important in older dogs-just to make sure everything on the inside is doing ok. Your vet may have alrealy mentioned that, but just in case she didn't...I'm a big prononent of catching things early, when they are more easily treated.

Sara said...

Thanks for the advice Nicki!
Misty had a complete blood panel done when we first found the polyp. But, I plan on having one done at her yearly physical from now on, because I agree - better to catch things early.

I've recently changed Misty's diet to include some fiber to help with her anal gland issues, so my vet thinks that may have prompted some of the weight loss.

Nicki said...

Glad everything is looking ok-gotta love anal gland problems!

madcobug said...

I am glad that Misty's polyp was doing ok. They look tired out in those pictures. Helen