Tuesday, February 17, 2009

tire for misty


I took the dogs out to play at our agility school this morning. I threw Oreo's ball around for a bit, since he really hasn't been able to play ball for almost a week now, due to the ice in our yard. Then, I ran him through the course that was set up in the building. We also practiced some serpentines, and some front crosses.

Misty worked on a tire jump for the first time. She also did some tunnels, a tippy plank on the floor, jumps, and the table. I'm going to keep her off the A-frame, until we do it with her class. She has shown no interest in trying it on her own, so I think I'll wait for my teacher's help.

While we were there, a guy came to change out the porta potty outside. As soon as the truck pulled up, the dogs started barking their heads off, as if they were home barking at the delivery man. Just when I got them calmed down, and playing again, the guy decided to come in the building to say hello! I was surprised when he opened the door, both dogs ran right up to him as if he were their long lost friend. I know dogs like the smell of poop, so perhaps that was the reason for this sudden burst of friendliness!

I took this mini video with my pocket camera.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmA72LR-IzY


My goals today were to let the dogs burn off some energy, run, and have fun. I think I met those 3 goals. Now, if only I could get motivated to do all the other things on my "to do" list that have nothing to do with dogs.....

6 comments:

Dawn said...

So cute! I wish I had a place like that to go work on! I love that Misty follows Oreo around, even through the tire!

Orable and Charlie said...

Don't be silly, there is nothing better to do on your list that run dogs and have fun, okay, well, maybe EAT!

licks & slobbers
-Charlie

Diana said...

Misty is saying, "hey where is my treat? I know how this works" LOL Diana

Lian said...

Look like Misty is enjoying her agility more and more, well done Sara to bring so much fun for her!

Ricky the Sheltie said...

That's a great place to go and play and work on obstacles! Wish we could join you!

madcobug said...

They both did very good and it looked like they had no treats to do it. Good for them.