Monday, February 16, 2009

more tricks

Ludo has impressed us so much with his "hands up/bang bang" routine, that I decided to try and teach Oreo just to do "beg" today.

I've tried in the past, but I gave up because Oreo kept laying down when I tried to lure him up with the treat.

Today, I persevered and we succeeded! Rather quickly I might add! What you can accomplish when you have a day off from work! I even got my taxes done as well!

The begging, where Oreo is no longer resting against my leg, was truly his first time doing it on his own. I just thought I'd give it a shot while I had the camera on. Oreo just loves to perform for the camera!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIgoxe7twkw

Now, we don't want poor Misty to feel left out. I tried doing "beg" with her, but it didn't go quite as well. We'll keep working on it. So, here she is showing off her cross paws, and some improved elephant work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULoBicaxAfY

6 comments:

Dawn said...

I have to say Misty is the prettiest thing! And Oreo is so funny, running around and around trying to get attention!

Ricky the Sheltie said...

Great job on the tricks! Mom never thought to teach beg with her legs to support me - good idea! I can do beg but it took awhile for me to figure out the balancing part.

Dawn said...

I just showed Katie your video. She especially liked the part where Oreo was running around nipping at Misty's feet!

Cool Design Shelties said...

Great job and so funny comments :o) Oreo is so funny, running around trying to get some attention!

//Bente

Ludo van puppy said...

Balancing is hard isn't it Oreo! BOL! Mum laughed when you felled over, she do that at me too. I'd like to see her balance on two legs... oh wait. I learnt beg by putting my front feets on mum's arm. You is learning it super fast!
BOL! Oreo you is silly doing your dinner circlings in Misty's video. She is clever doing the elephant trick!
~lickies, Ludo

Lian said...

Well done Sara to your new tricks with the dogs!