Thursday, February 19, 2009

hallway weaves

Our yard is still an ice rink. We had some snow, but not enough to give us any traction. I have been trying to come up with ways to keep the dogs busy indoors, and keep exercising their brains and bodies (and continue procrastinating my "to do list").




Last night, I put the weave poles in the hallway, and had Oreo do them independently. He is really starting to learn to "work" on his own. Aww, my little boy is growing up.

Here is a short video of his progress.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KjDty3eTjE

I just started reading Patricia O'Connell's book "Play Together, Stay Together", and she said to never chase your dog while he has a toy in his mouth! Clearly, I didn't follow her advice. Ah, teachers always make the worst students.

This afternoon, I brought the tunnel/chute into the living room. I have a feeling Misty's class will start learning the chute on Saturday, so I want to make sure Misty is feeling really comfortable chuting. She had no problem doing it today. Hopefully that translates to the class!

4 comments:

Dawn said...

I love the way Oreo clings to the ball on your way back to the start of the weaves!

Ricky the Sheltie said...

Only 28 days til Spring - according to your widget!

Our snow and ice finally melted but more snow is on the way tomorrow.

Hope your yard is ice-free soon!

madcobug said...

Great pictures. Cute video. Oreo did great inside. I hope you can go outside again soon. Helen

Ludo van puppy said...

Oreo is doing so good!