Saturday, January 17, 2009

welcome home

Every time I come home, whether it be from a full day of work, or a quick trip out for milk, I am always welcomed home by Oreo and Misty in the same way.

If you have a dog, I am sure you will appreciate this video. No matter what kind of day you've had, there your dogs are ~ waiting and ever so happy to see you, as if you've been gone for weeks.

So, here is my third installment in my favorite things my dogs do every day series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwHCmF0FiVg


Sorry this video is so shaky. I do much better with the tripod! Plus, the dogs were all over the place.

I don't know why I keep choosing country music to go along with these silly videos. I really don't listen to country music, but it seems to fit my dogs. Be glad you aren't listening to them barking!

After this greeting, we always head out to the yard to play. Yesterday, it was 17 degrees. A boot day. As I write this, it is -2. I read on another blog that there is something called "photographer's gloves". I need to get some of those.

10 comments:

Ricky the Sheltie said...

Very cute video - especially when you pull into the driveway and see Misty and Oreo at the window and then you open the garage door and they bolt!

What kind of dog boot do you have? They look like they fit well and stay on - mom wishes she would've gotten me some - we haven't been outside for two days.(Well I've been out briefly, but she hasn't).

Diana said...

Your pictures always look so cute. Diana

Sara said...

Their boots are Muttluks Hot doggers. They are much cheaper than the regular Muttluks and easier to put on. Oreo takes the XXsmall size. He's about 20 pounds.

Lian said...

Thank God you only have TWO, can you imagine SIX shelties jumping all over you? I like the country music, really suit the video.

Sara said...

Oh Lian, it must be crazy at your house when you come home! All six boys wanting your attention.

madcobug said...

I love those boots. That video was so cute. Our two are happy like that when either one of us come home from being gone. Daisy even makes some circles at times like Oreo does LOL. Makes you feel good after a welcome like that. Thanks for shaing. Helen

Ricky the Sheltie said...

Thanks for the info on the boots! I'm 16 pounds so maybe xxsmall will fit me too!

Dawn said...

I'm going to investigate the boots too. Katie is about 20 pounds now (got to lay off those treats!). I wonder if she will wear boots? Did your two try to get them off at first?

Sara said...

The dogs do a lot of paw shaking when you first put them on, but in a few minutes all my dogs have been fine with the boots.

Oreo wears XXsmall (he is a bit under 20 pounds), Misty wears Xsmall (she is a solid 28 pounds). The velcro straps make them very adjustable. Make sure you put them on tight, or they will fall off.

Even when the temps were in the teens, my dogs were playing in the snow for a good half hour, with no problems. Without them, they were laying down within minutes, because their feet were in so much pain. I had to go out and rescue them!

Josh and Jess said...

They look adorable in their boots!! :)
Great video, I love we love it when Oreo is spinning - so cute!!