Monday, January 19, 2009

Warmth!

It is above freezing!!!!!!

Finally! I got the agility equipment back out of the shed. I set up the entire set of 12 weave poles for the first time.

Oreo was raring to go! He flew through those poles like he has always done twelve.

Maybe it was good to have such a long break. He was truly excited to be out weaving. Have to admit, I was excited too. Teaching tricks has passed the time, but its not nearly as fun as agility.

Let me say that running in fluffy snow is exhausting. I am fighting off a cold, and probably should have been inside on the couch drinking tea, but I had to seize the day. A day off, warm weather, no ice, no mud, no boots to put on paws ~ couldn't pass it up.

Here is a video of Oreo's first try at 12 weave poles (and Misty's too).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJB0dz2_of0


I signed Oreo and I up to take a "small dog motivation and handling seminar" in February. I'm pretty excited about it, and am hoping we learn some new strategies to help boost Oreo's confidence when he's doing agility in places other than our backyard.



7 comments:

Josh and Jess said...

What???? It's above freezing now? Shocking!!! :)

Sara said...

Hard to believe, I know. Especially since you are in the midst of summer down there in NZ!

Painter Pack said...

Woo is fast!!! Made me tired just looking at it!!

Mya Boo Boo

Dawn said...

Hey! Looks like so much FUN!

Katie got to do 12 weave poles in class on Saturday for the first time every. I think 12 is good, as when she did 6 she was just about figuring it out when we were done!

Diana said...

Ok, I had to laugh. When Miley heard you on the video saying weave, she started running through the house very excited. She usually only does that when Im watching video of her and I. I usually mute it because she is running through the house looking for equipment. Its funny.

Oh yea, great weave poles. Diana

Ludo van puppy said...

Woo! What a great video! You can see Oreo so loves to do it, I love seeing him go back to the begining and stealing your glove. BOL!
Misty is very sweet doing it too.
~lickies, Ludo

Ricky the Sheltie said...

Awesome weaving! We did a little backyard agility today too but it was only 20 - still it was great to be out there even in the snow!

The new class sounds interesting - we'll be excited to here about it!