Friday, January 16, 2009

two tricks in one

It is really cold here. Today's high will be 10, Saturday's 11. Boots for the dogs have become necessary again, even for short trips outside.

My agility class is cancelled for the weekend due to the frigid temps. I guess the dirt floor inside the building is frozen solid, even with the heat on. So, we will have to wait another week to get back to school.

Thus, we are stuck indoors, practicing tricks and running laps in the hallway!

Misty is making progress on the elephant trick, in her own slo-mo style. Yesterday, I decided to see if Oreo could be an elephant and then press the easy button. He did.

In fact, whenever Oreo wants my attention now, he presses the easy button. I may regret teaching him that trick.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-JFy0i8E-Y


(The dogs decided to do a double dog elephant trick this morning. It was pretty cute. Once Misty gets better, I will definitely work on that. Of course, I think it happened purely out of jealousy, and obsession over the salmon mini treat. )

11 comments:

Lian said...

Hi Sara, I can't see the video!!!:)

Sara said...

Thanks Lian! I hope I fixed the problem. I uploaded the video as "private" by mistake.

Ricky the Sheltie said...

Another really cute video! Oreo is so funny - always wanting to be the center of attention - offering all kinds of behaviours until he finally just hops back up and starts to do a really fast elephant!

By the way, mom loves your slippers!

Painter Pack said...

Woos are both doing so good! I sure hope my mommy doesn't make me do tricks. I'm not good at following directions!

Mya Boo Boo

madcobug said...

They look so cute doing their tricks. That Oreo sure knows how to do the drum good and hit the button. Misty will soon learn it good. Helen

Marybeth said...

Running [endless] laps in the hallway... that sounds a lot like my house.

Lian said...

Love Misty doing the elephant trick! Oreo is so patient waiting for his treat, hehehe ...

Josh and Jess said...

It's so wonderful seeing Misty's progress - never mind she's slow... she'll get there in the end. And Oreo is just as cute as ever :)

Ludo van puppy said...

Well done Oreo and Misty! That trick look really hard! I do just what Oreo does when Mum is paying more attention to Penny instead of me.
~lickies, Ludo

Diana said...

Very cute. Wont your class be so happy that Misty is doing the trick too!! Diana

Nigel, Sola and Co. said...

LOL! That is a great trick! I could never pull that off.