Tuesday, January 20, 2009

more weaving

I've been watching Diana and Miley doing some really amazing weave entries, and they inspired me to start challenging Oreo with something new.

I have always set Oreo up for weave entries by being right next to him, or at least positioning him to the right of the first pole, usually straight on.

This afternoon, I sent him over some jumps, and then had him go around me to the weave poles. Now when we were doing this, I was so proud of him! He seemed so far away from me! I couldn't believe he knew where to go.

Then, I watched the video, and it really didn't look all that impressive. I'll blame it on the camera angle!Regardless, I feel we've made progress.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhYuXFLu-AI



The end of the video shows Misty doing some jumps. I know I have some die hard Misty fans out there (my mom being one of them)! Misty went to the vet today for a recheck on her polyp. So far, so good. It hasn't gone away completely (it is really minuscule), but it hasn't grown either. She will go back again in a month.
Jeff said I woke the whole neighborhood up this morning with my "weave, weave, weave, weave,....good boy!" Oh well. It was 7:30, everyone should be up by then!

9 comments:

Diana said...

It looks good to me. The only thing you may want to do is turn your self so you are facing forward. And run straight. Trust you dog to know his job. Misty looks good. I really like that last photo. Diana

Sara said...

Its funny you say that. Everytime I watch myself on video, I think, "Why am I running sideways?" I don't even realize I am doing it at the time! No wonder why my ankles hurt.

Thanks for the tip - I will try and break that habit...

Mom said...

Your right...I am a Misty fan and I am really happy that the vet said she is doing okay. I think she deserves some treats for the great jumping...I'll have to bring her some from Dunedin. Love, Mom

Sara said...

Misty will love some treats from Florida. She always deserves treats, she's such a good girl.

Dawn said...

Misty is beautiful! So is Oreo, but he knows it.

Sara said...

I'm afraid you're right Dawn :) Oreo is so self absorbed.

Ricky the Sheltie said...

Wow - Oreo is looking really good - I could tell you were farther away from him when he was weaving!

I agree, everyone should be up by 7:30AM!

madcobug said...

They both did great. Oreo is so much younger and can get around fast it is easy for him to learn new tricks. Glad the Vet says Misty is ok for now. Helen

Lian said...

Misty looks so happy in the little video. She is one special girl. 7:30am for agility? I rather have my toast and a cup of tea.