Tuesday, January 6, 2009

dinner and a cookie

Sometimes the things I love best about my dogs, are the simple things they do every day. And I do mean everyday.

I have decided to start recording these on video, because I know someday I will wish I had!

Here is a video of Oreo and Misty waiting for their dinner, and then their after dinner cookie! Make sure you watch 'til the end to see Oreo prove that black and white dogs can jump. Clearly, he could pull any item off the kitchen counter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANP37GCBRMQ

I am sure many a dog trainer would not approve of these pre-dinner antics, but after having a dog who spent the last year of his life not really wanting to eat, it is so refreshing to have two dogs who are so enthusiastic.

I mean, don't you wish most humans could get this excited about having the same thing to eat everyday? Twice a day?

Simple pleasures for these creatures.

I lost count of how many times Oreo circled the table (and me) before he got his dinner. Maybe one of my nephews could count and get extra credit at school or something.

11 comments:

Josh and Jess said...

Oreo and Misty, we really love your videos!! This is absolutely hilarious. We love the bit at the end where Oreo is spinning and jumping :) :) We don't get quite as excited about our dinner :)

Dreadnought said...

Ha ha that was so funny Sara. My dogs have an after dinner cookie too. Bob.

Ricky the Sheltie said...

After dinner cookie???? How come I never heard about that? Mom, Mom...come quick and see about the after dinner cookie!!!!

I loved the video - now I know it's not just me out there going in circles obsessively when I get excited about something. Mom tries to stop me because she also knows that dog trainers wouldn't approve - but I don't see anything wrong with it!

The music was perfect for the video too!

Diana said...

Thats funny what you posted on my blog about Miley and Oreo must have the same genes. I thought the same thing. HA!! Diana

Lian said...

My Saturn is just like your Oreo. He keeps spinning around when I prepare the dinner. Yes, he is so excited about food and gosh didn't they all reach the kitchen table easily?

I do love Misty, being so calm and patient, she is a sweet little merlie girlie.

Anonymous said...

I counted 25. see if theo agrees.

love the way misty just attaches to your leg.

dad

madcobug said...

Awww, they were both so cute. I loveed it. Helen

Sara said...

I should have known the math professor would actually count!

Nigel, Sola and Co. said...

That is precious. Very smart, makes us look bad...

Marybeth said...

Miles would watch this video all day if I let him!

Ludo van puppy said...

hahaha Loved it!