Sunday, January 18, 2009

cross paws and easy button

Misty has learned the "easy button", at least while she is lying down and the button is in close proximity.

Here, the dogs are doing a very complicated cross paws, easy button, double dog trick. OK, not really, they were just both trying to hit the easy button at the same time. Too bad Oreo's eyes were closed, because I don't know if I will ever get another shot like this again!


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_pSaKJIKTo


I think I need to teach Oreo how to "uncross". He does get a little OCD about doing tricks. Once Oreo figures out what you want him to do, he can't seem to stop. You'd think the dog never has a meal.


The weather is supposed to warm up into the 20's today! Yea! Plus, we're getting a few more inches of fresh snow. What a crazy winter it has been. Only 61 days 'til springfest!

6 comments:

Ricky the Sheltie said...

Oh my gosh that is too cute! Mom says I am just like Oreo - I act like I never get meals either!

Painter Pack said...

Woos makes it look sooooooo easy! Nice video! Keep up the hard work!

Mya Boo Boo

Ludo van puppy said...

ruffruff! Misty looks so sweet doing it! I love that piccure of them crossed paws. Oreo is so clever at learning. I love food too! Sometimes I pretend I want cuddles but really I am sniffing out crumbs.
~lickies, Ludo

Dreadnought said...

WOW! Thats amazing Sara! How long did it take to teach them to do that? I've never seen one of those buttons before. Bob.

Josh and Jess said...

Great shot, Sara!!! It's so great to see Misty's progress - she reminds Mama so much of Jessie :)

Sara said...

Bob,
It took Oreo about two days to learn to press the easy button, and a little over a week to figure out the cross paws trick. Misty is a slow learner.

The easy button is an advertising gimmick from an office supply store. The proceeds from the buttons go to local boys and girls clubs.