Wednesday, January 28, 2009

another snow day

We are having another snow day. This is my 4th for the school year. I don't remember ever having four snow days this early in the season. How many will we have used when we get that big 20 inch storm at the end of March (it is inevitable)? Hope this doesn't mean we lose days off our Spring Break.

In NYS, this is Regents Exam week for high school kids. No classes, just exams. Many of my students took Part One of their English Regents exam yesterday afternoon, which they need to pass to graduate from High School. Part 2 was supposed to be today. I am not sure what will happen now. I fear they may make all the kids retake the whole exam in June. Boy, will that cause some grumbling, and with good reason. They worked their butts off yesterday writing essays. I was so proud of them. Some of them had three exams in one day. Hopefully, the state will come up with an emergency plan, since so many school across the state had to close today.
These photos were taken this morning, before the storm really started cranking. It has been such a slow moving storm, I think we could have made it in and out of school, since the plows have been able to keep up with it. It is hard to know what will happen though when they make the decision to close at 6 in the morning.
The dogs were happy to have me home!

"I dare you to come out from behind that fence Oreo!"

"I'm gonna get you!"

"I may be old, but I can still keep up with you!"

"I rule."

5 comments:

Josh and Jess said...

We guess Oreo keeps her young :)

Dawn said...

I'm thinking the same thing, Oreo is good for her,and she's good for Oreo. We didn't get a snow day :( Just the snow. Sigh.

Ricky the Sheltie said...

Good photos! Glad for Oreo and Misty that you got a snow day too! It finally stopped snowing here...now it's windy and we're wondering if tree branches will snap off with the weight of the ice and snow and with the wind!

madcobug said...

Those are great pictures. Oreo helps keep Misty in shape. Enjoy your day off. Helen

Lian said...

Lucky you, more snow?