Thursday, January 29, 2009

After the storm

The storm has gone, the sun came out, and left us with very crunchy snow. The dogs can stand on top of the snow for the most part, while I break right through. Not much fun to play in. We prefer fluffy snow.

We are glad we didn't get as much ice as other parts of the country. Being without power is the worst - we were there last month. I read some people may be without power until mid February!

What I want to know is where is this global warming I keep hearing about, and when am I going to start feeling it? Or is that what is causing all these horrible ice storms???? Hmmmm.

"Look, I'm walking on 12 inches of snow!"

"This table gives us a good view of things."

Watching Daddy shovel.
"Hey, you missed a spot!"

10 comments:

Ricky the Sheltie said...

Yea, where is the global warming? You guys got way more snow than we did! Lucky that Oreo and Misty can walk on it though!

Diana said...

I like the days til spring counter. Diana

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean. only in the sixties here in florida.

dad

Sara said...

You are not getting any sympathy from me Dad!

Dawn said...

Another cold day up here, and when I got out of work at 9 p.m. guess what? It was SNOWING! ARHGH!!! SOOOO tired of winter!

Lian said...

Gosh! That's a lot of snow you are having over there, 12"?

No Global warming for me, I like it cold, real cold!!!!!

Lian said...

I forgot to say, lovely photos of the boy and girl.

Sara said...

Lian, I hate the heat myself. So, I guess I should stop complaining about the cold!

madcobug said...

The dogs pictures are so cute. Looks cold there. They are saying me might get some flurries Mon. & Tues. We shall see. This is not snow country. Some years we get a little, some years not. Helen

Josh and Jess said...

We know where it is!!! In New Zealand :)

Josh and Jess