Sunday, December 21, 2008

Winter Solstice

Although it seems like winter has been here at least a week already, today is Winter Solstice. We will have a perfect winter day - cold, with 6 inches of new snow (on top of the 12 we already have). The best part about a snowstorm is how quiet it becomes outside, especially on a Sunday morning. Snow falling makes the world seem so peaceful. It is truly beautiful. That is, until a snowplow, or snowmobile goes by and ruins your moment!

The good news is.... the first day of Spring is only 3 months away! So, I think I will start my countdown on my chalkboard at school to my favorite homemade holiday, SpringFest!

Maybe I'll start by counting down weeks, rather than days. Days may be just too depressing....

I can already envision the daffodil bulbs popping up out of the ground......that is if the mole hasn't eaten them for dinner. In that case, there are always pansies at the local nursery....



2 comments:

Dreadnought said...

Hi Sara, It looks to me that you aren't the only one who likes the snow! I'm like you and love the quiet of the snow, I think it takes you back to a time when it was more peaceful, a time when you would rush out of the house when you heard a car coming down the road just to check out who it was. Bob.

Sara said...

I do like the snow. Especially at the beginning of winter.

It is when it keeps snowing in March that it starts to lose its magic...