Monday, December 8, 2008

Misty learns to teeter

I have been working with Misty on walking a board (table leaf) in my living room for about a week now. She has become so confident lately, that she has been pushing Oreo right off the board so she can get on. Her nickname has always been "tank", for her tendency to push her brothers around and plow her way through shut doors.

So, this afternoon, I decided to see if I could get her up on my mini teeter. The sun was setting, so I had only a few minutes to try and catch it on video. Plus, it was at least 15 degrees below freezing and I had to take off my glove to feed her treats! I don't know what I was thinking, but I was thrilled with her progress.

Sorry if the video is a bit dark. I tried to brighten it up with some editing software.

No, this video is not in slow motion - that is just Misty's pace! I'm sure she'll speed up as she becomes more comfortable. This was literally her first time on the teeter. I think she has been watching and learning from Oreo more than I realized.

When Misty and I were done, I found my glove completely covered in dirt. That little rascal Oreo.....

7 comments:

betty said...

Bravo, Misty. Could you hear the roar of Misty fans? Round Three was great but after Round Four, I actually sat here and appluaded. Oreo, the herder, did a fine job of keeping you and Misty encircled. The rascal's instincts are sharp.

Sara said...

A special birthday present arrived from Hawaii today for Oreo to share with Misty.

I'm making Oreo wait until his birthday to open it!

Oreo says, "Thanks Aunt Betty!"

Dreadnought said...

Hi Sara, it was good to see Misty doing more agility, its amazing what dogs will do when you spend time with them. Bob.

Ricky the Sheltie said...

Great job, Misty! She's really coming along!

And great job to you too Sara for always getting the video camera out there - my mom is too lazy to do that!!

Marybeth said...

If you can get Misty to teeter, surely I can get Miles to pee in a potty and stay in his big boy bed! I think I may be underutilizing treats...

Sara said...

One of my human students did a Russian cossack dance today for 3 pieces of laffy taffy (his idea).

I am all for using treats! It works - for both kids and dogs.

Lian said...

I am so glad to see how far Misty progress! She is fab!