Saturday, December 20, 2008

fun in the snow

Got a foot of snow last night, another 7 inches or more on the way tomorrow. Dogs are loving it, although it is so cold I have to keep removing ice balls from between their toes and pads. That really hurts their feet. They just stand in the snow, holding up their paw until I come over and remove the ice. They are so pampered. Then, they go back to playing. I guess it is time to look for their boots.

I did shovel a lot of paths in the backyard, so the dogs could run around a bit easier. Oreo tried to run around one tree that I hadn't shoveled and he looked quite stunned when he was in snow up to his nose! I got the shovel back out and cut some more paths for him.

Here's a short video of them playing this morning, before I made my pierogis for Christmas Eve dinner:


BTW, the blogger spellchecker doesn't know the word pierogi!! How culturally biased. I bet it knows the word pizza.

1 comment:

Ricky the Sheltie said...

Love the end of the video with Oreo's nose on the camera!!! So cute!

Stay warm and dry! Today we are supposed to have terrible winds and tomorrow wind chills of -10 to -20. So it's probably coming your way soon....